Worries are normal. Many children mention they have worries and a little explanation and guidance on how to deal with them can really help them.
My Little Book of Worries is perfect for parents to use, alongside their child (because connection is Ink and Scribbles’ number one aim) , to help children understand why they worry, to recognise the signs of worrying and will guide parent and child to ways they can manage their worries.
The book features two characters (Roaring Dinosaur and Wise Owl) who help children understand what is happening in the brain when they are worrying or reacting to a worry.
LEARNING ABOUT WORRIES
– recognising how our body feels when we worry, so children can identify a need for support sooner
– identifying calming techniques
– Worry busting questions to help keep worries in perspective and under control
– Preparing for worries by planning responses to small, medium and big worries
-My worry bubble, teaching children a visualisation technique
– Learning how making a plan to deal with a worry, can make it feel smaller and under control
DEALING WITH WORRIES
– Encouragement to tune in to the ‘thinking side of the brain’ for specific worries (15 pages of What does my Wise Owl Say?)
– Worry Action plans ( 15 pages of My worry Action Plan to deal with specific worries)
– Dotted ‘My Pages’ for free exploration of worries through drawing or writing